Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

In the Gardening catagory -

I'm looking ahead to gardening in the not too distant future now...I'll start some things by seed outdoors in March. It will be things like spinach, lettuce, arugula, etc. - things that prefer the cooler temperatures; in fact, 'cold' is fine too. And, gardening reminds me of 'pest control' and that takes me to 'Ladybugs'. Ladybugs, and in particular, their larvae are real workhorses. And, I thought to share one of my photographs with you all, in case you don't know what a 'baby ladybug' (aka larvae) looks like.
The larvae is pictured on the left hand side of the photo and the newly-formed (infant) ladybug is on the right. It's quite fascinating, I think. I couldn't take my eyes off of them while they were going through their process on my veranda. And, I can't wait until I'll have them here again to help me tend to my garden when spring arrives. Enjoy! Pam Pam's Fab Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment