Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Black Bean/Corn/Sweet Potato Chili - one of my 'FAVS'

Here's a photo of this delicious, nutritious, dish.
I was first introduced to this recipe through Eating Well Magazine (without the corn) and you can obtain that original recipe from their website: EatingWell.com. Click on the search bar for recipes and it will come right up. However, a friend suggested I add corn because her husband loves corn in this type of dish. I decided to include some frozen corn and it is a real 'crowd-pleaser'. In fact, I use the frozen Roasted Corn from Trader Joe's. Here is the recipe for two: http://caloriecount.about.com/black-bean-corn-sweet-potato-recipe-r1203832 As you can see, I made a few changes; mostly because the original recipe was a little too spicy for my taste. And, I like to serve it with a dolp of fat free sour cream on top; and, if available some fresh or dried cilantro. I love to use CalorieCount.com to analyze recipes. I'm pleased to inform you that this recipe is a " Nutritional 'A' ". Enjoy!! I'd love to hear from you! Pam Pam's Fab Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment